Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Habits.....

 I would said one of my habits is organization.  If you ask my husband, I am OCD.  I was raised in a house with seven people.  My parents and 5 children.  I am the middle child but the oldest girl.  When I was about 5, I would love to help my mom with house work.  It gave me more time with my mom.  She would set up an ironing board and let me iron with her as we watch TV.  I would be in the kitchen to help her bake cookies and other goodies.  But as I was getting older, it was becoming more of a chore not so much to just hang out with my mom.  I had ask my mom why it seems like she doesn't sit down to just breathe for a few minutes (in other words, to take time for herself)  My mom had said that you never know who would be knocking at your door to visit so it is best to at least have your living room, kitchen and bathroom clean just in case. 

I didn't understand this so much until I had to share my room with two other sisters.  I didn't like making my bed but it had to be done day.  So I got to the point where the covers would be tucked in nice and tight.  I would then climb up on my pillow and shimming my way into my covers without getting them messed up.  My mom said that I would not even roll around in bed while I was sleeping.  She said it seemed like I knew that I would have to make the bed when I wake up if the bed was messed up.  I look back on this now and laugh because I still cannot go to bed if it is not made.  If the husband is already in bed and the bed is messed up, I will straighten the bed while he is there and tuck in the covers before even climbing into bed.

No comments: