Saturday, September 3, 2011

What Type Are You?

     I have had the opportunity to take the Myers-Brigg Type Test several times in my life.  It has been for business that I have worked for to see if I am was in the right position for the company.  Now I am here doing this test for my English Comp. class.

     It is very interesting to see if I have changed any from the past.  Oddly enough, I have not.  The test shows me that I am an ENFJ which means Extroversion, Intuition, Feeling, Judging.  So before I go farther let me just highlight one.  Extroversion means I like to talk to people.  Which I totally agree with that.  I like to learn about the different type of people that makes this world.  Intuition means you imagine the possibilities.  I know that I always look and listen to the situtation, then I always try to see the outcome by the different paths that I would take.  Feeling means you consider people.  This one is the hardest one for me.  The reason for this is everyone has a voice and I would always put them before me.  We are all different but no matter how bad things are for me, I believe that someone is worse off than me and I want to help.  Last is Judging.  This does not mean that I judge people.  It means that I am organized and time management.  Well if you ask my husband, he would say that this is so true.  He tells me that I am major OCD on organization and everything has its place.  I told him that I am not so he had to prove to me that it was true.  So he had taken an angel that I had on a shelf in the living and move it to the shelf above it.  He then looked at me and said, "You will not last long with this angel here.  You will move it as soon as my back is turned."  Well, I was very hard for me not to move the angel back.  Everyday that I sat in the livingroom and saw that the angel was not in its place, I had to continue to tell myself not to move it.  I wanted to prove my husband wrong.  Well.... I did I lasted a year and when that time was help, I moved it back.  Well that is a little about me.  But how is this going to help me be a better student and writer?

     As a student, by being an ENFJ, I know that it will stay organized by having my planner filled out with my weekly function.  My days will be fulfilled by being around people and learning more about them.  Watching their body language.

     As a writer, I might struggle a little because I have some much going on upstairs.  I am always full of ideas but when I put it down on paper, I feel like I need to write like I am talking to someone.  For me, even if I need to write about rock, I would make it come alive.  It needs to have character.

    So this is the beginning of my blog.  You have learned a little about me but the blog will be more on my adventures of becoming a chef and a caterer.  How this all came about.  So come along on this journey with me and enjoy.
    


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori - Very nice reflection! I hope you will be thinking of these traits as you work your way through college and use them to your advantage. ~Ms. A.

jkangas said...

I was surprised how well the type test worked. It tell you so much about yourself. Mine probably knew me better then most people. Oh, I love your title of your blog, it makes me hungry. I hope you post a recipe or something sometime.

Jacob